Habitat for Humanity Area Office for Europe and Middle East (HFHI EME) is seeking a dedicated team member to join its Program department focusing on Central and Eastern European region. We are looking for a new colleague to serve as an Administrative Assistant to provide support to the Program Team by managing daily logistics planning tasks and assist in providing admin support and documentation oversight.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in communication and cross-cultural sensitivity and will be able to assertively tackle issues and handle them from start to finish. This position is to be based in Bratislava, Slovakia and is expected to work 4 days a week from the office.
WHAT WOULD BE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
ADMIN SUPPORT TO PROGRAM TEAM:
- Ensure that Program receives adequate administrative support including correspondence, drafting and typing letters, make copies, prints and scans
COMMUNICATION WITHIN PROGRAM TEAM:
- Act as a point person for all program department issues and handle interdepartmental communication on behalf of Directors of the program department
LOGISTICS PLANNING AND SUPPORT:
- Organize venues, transportation arrangements and entertainment for conferences and departmental events
-Make travel arrangements, bookings, obtain visas, purchase tickets when necessary
- Purchase requested materials related to program activities and specific events in accordance with the HFHI´s policies
DOCUMENTATION, ARCHIVING AND FILING:
- Plan, develop and sets-up Program document and filing systems: filing of documents, records management, communications, supplies, press subscriptions and Program library management
- Prepare reports for programs well as collect and archive monthly, quarterly and visit reports
- Handle the Program department's files ensuring confidentiality of the documents
-Take and distribute minutes, agendas during Program meetings to the relevant target group
- Provide assistance to the program’s regional assignees, should they encounter issues due to the Slovak language or administration
- Ensure IT support during calls, connectivity of visitors
- Coordinate the Directors’ agenda, schedule meetings and other business-related activities as well as travel arrangement
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
WHAT DO WE REQUIRE?
- University degree preferred, High School diploma in combination with at least 5 years could be considered
- Minimum of three years experience in similar position of administrative support
- Flexibility to work over the weekends, after work hours if required
- Proactive approach
- Strong service orientation
- Fluency in English and Slovak
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office), internet search
- Good interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to communicate effectively with people from different walks of life
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to assertively tackle issues and handle these from start to finish
- Active supporter of HFHI Values:
- Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves
- Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular
- Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission
- Safeguarding: HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We have a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- Work-Life balance: 40 hours a week with Alternative Work Schedule providing some degree of flexibility on how long, where, and when you work.
- Meal vouchers: 7 € per day fully compensated by the employer.
- Transportation, internet, and cell phone allowance
- Contribution to DDS in the amount of 6% of the gross salary
- Medical benefit (membership at ProCare or annual credit for medical expenses)
- Multisport card or Callio benefit credit
- Employee recognition portal
- Extra personal days off
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to work for an International NGO contributing to eliminating poverty around the world and positively impacting millions of people annually
- Being part of a truly international environment – working with colleagues from various parts of the world
- And much more!