Teach for Slovakia is a member of a global Teach For All network present in over 60 countries. The key initiative of our organization is a two-year full-time leadership program, for which we recruit top graduate talent from universities of various studies. Program participants teach at our partner elementary and high schools across the country while receiving regular and intense training and mentoring. Our mission is to build a new generation of leaders who through this experience gain a deep understanding of the education system. Many of them continue in creating systemic changes in education from various roles and organizations they join after the program. We believe that a better country starts with better education.
KEY CHALLENGE FOR THIS POSITION
In the post-pandemic times, we face a challenge in returning to in-person talent sourcing for the program. In short, the successful candidate will become part of the team that will restart our campus recruitment activities.
The key responsibility of the new Graduate Recruitment Lead will be to improve our recruitment results with a hands-on and in-person approach to talent acquisition. We are looking for a driven recruiter with a proven track record in university talent search and on-campus recruitment activities.
ROLE OBJECTIVE & SETUP
In this role, you will be one of the key team players to restart our on-site in-person university recruitment and thereby contribute to an increase in participants joining our two-year program.. We expect that you would inspire exceptional students in their Masters’ studies to apply for and to join the the Teach for Slovakia program.
- Co-creating and executing a recruitment strategy with Manager of Graduate Recruitment, on how to establish our presence, identify and acquire high potential candidates at university campus – via events, connections with key professors, student associations, online forums etc.
- Co-designing and fine- tuning effective sales pitches with strong arguments that would resonate with GenZ students, and working closely with our marketing department to adjust our overall messaging if needed
- Building and managing own pipeline of talents - identifying, meeting and inspiring high-potential candidates to our program and cultivate those talents through all stages of the recruitment process (register/apply/assessment centre/offer)
- Building relationships and working with key stakeholders (professors, societies, students, etc) to create a visible and open presence on campus and identify/approach top talents
- Organizing and testing different formats of events and activities to re-establish our presence, spread awareness of our program and reach out to high-potential candidates
- Building a network of students, who are strong networkers and/or opinion leaders who would help to spread the word about our program to every corner of the university and identify and approach new prospects.
- Preparing and managing financial budget and efficiently using tracking systems to analyse the effectiveness of different activities used to source new prospects
- Hands-on experience at university recruitment is a MUST
- Experience in talent acquisition, with proven track record of successful placements
- Passion for building relationships and leads among young university students
- Excellent communications skills including presentational skills and the ability to inspire people for our cause
- Exceptional relationship-building skills; the ability to establish effective working relationships with people
- Self-organizing skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and manage a varied workload to achieve set goals
- Passion for networking in and outside of events, with ability to being strategic about choices who is the prospect worth investing into and how to approach and cultivate the prospect
- Emotional intelligence to understand and work with motivations and barriers of top talents
- Opportunity to play a pivotal role to enable Teach for Slovakia for future growth
- Full autonomy designing tactics to achieve agreed upon strategy
- Direct access and support from CEO and board members who are ready to provide hands-on support