Office of the IOM International Organization for Migration in the Slovak Republic is seeking for a candidate for the position of Senior Project Assistant (Work, Social Orientation and Counselling).
Under the overall guidance of the Head of Office (HoO) in Bratislava and the direct supervision of the National Labour Migration Programme and Private Sector Engagement Officer and the Migration Information Centre (MIC) Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for work and social counselling services of the IOM Migration Information Centre (MIC), supporting the labour mobility and integration of migrants under the Recovery and Resilience Plan of Slovakia (MIC RRP). Specifically, s/he will perform:
1. Coordinate implementation of employment and social counselling services to MIC/MIC RRP clients including oversight on further outreach activities related to social and labour inclusion of migrants;
2. Provide employment, social and first steps counselling;
3. Provide case management and advise on further outreach activities related to social and labour inclusion of clients;
4. Prepare records on individual cases, performs case management and maintain client’s folders;
5. Monitor re-training and educational activities including overall coordination of Low Threshold Slovak Language Courses;
6. Coordinate regional coverage of MIC RRP services in relation to employment, social counselling and community outreach services, including liaison and networking;
7. Participate in the development of programs focused on the Cultural Orientation and First Steps Counselling including design and implementation of integration programmes that include pre-departure, and post-arrival orientation for MIC RRP clients;
8. Draft materials for the socio-cultural orientation, information and counselling courses/events “Welcome to Slovakia” for the relevant target group;
9. Draft research reports and recommendations;
10. Coordinate the provision of grants for education and re-qualification courses, specific education opportunities/classes/recognition of education and qualification for clients; including processing of the applications, individual monitoring of each assigned course, co-operation and selection of course providers, promotion of the grants;
11. Organize outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances and other communication opportunities;
12. Coordinate the organization of language and vocational trainings, and offer of community outreach services in all regions of Slovakia;
13. Monitor and update MIC website, including insertion of updates, newsletters, social media posts/blogs;
14. Prepare various visibility materials in form of presentations, photos, articles, short films or others;
15. Establish and/or maintain contacts with migrant communities;
16. Establish cooperation with local and regional institutions, employers, relevant governmental, non-governmental entities as well as other international organisations and local NGOs on project activities;
17. Organize meetings, workshops and training sessions; prepare training materials and information materials for target group in Slovak and English and participate in the delivering of capacity building workshops;
18. Assist in the preparation of periodic and final reports to the donor and in overall planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of project activities;
19. Draft status reports; identify shortfalls in delivery, bring them to the attention of the supervisor and suggest corrective measures;
20. Respond to complex information requests and inquiries; set up and maintain files/records;
21. Act as interpreter/translator (Slovak-English, English-Slovak and other languages if appropriate);
22. Provide guidance/training to other staff in the team;
23. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by Head of Office or direct supervisor.
University degree in Social Work, Psychology, Social Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with at least four years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar roles;
Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with at least six years of relevant working experience, preferably in similar roles.
Experience in employment counselling, educational activities, community outreach or similar field work;
Experience in working with communities, governments, civil society and the private sector;
Experience in marketing/communications, including website content, newsletters, social media posts/blogs;
Experience in preparing and delivering trainings;
Experience in HR /relocation is an advantage;
Experience with Student mobility or mobility of researchers is an advantage;
Experience in community outreach, cultural mediation or similar is an advantage;
Experience in working with migrants, migration management, and international migration issues is an advantage;
Experience in social, labour and migration law of the Slovak Republic and human rights law is an advantage.
Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills with a commitment to providing respectful, culturally-competent communication, including an awareness and acceptance of cultural differences;
Good negotiation, analytical and organisation skills;
Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with a team.
Driving licence B.
Fluency in English and Slovak (oral and written);
Knowledge of another foreign language is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.