The Digital Platforms Manager will shape and execute the digital & social media platforms strategy for EDYN, including, but not limited to, a website, as well as Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Youtube and Twitter accounts. S/he will ensure that these platformsreflect industry best practices and are continuously improved based on data analytics and audience feedback.
This position reports to the EDYN Executive Director and will work closely with EDYN Country Contact Members (CCMs) and EDYN Leadership Council Communications Committee to ensure EDYN delivers a first-class experience to our digital audiences internationally.
·No formal education required. Undergraduate degree in communications, political/social science, international relations, or related field from a decent university is a plus.
· Proven experience managing social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Youtube, Twitter)
· Proven experience managing a website, and/or other marketing platforms for the purpose of supporting internal and external institutional communications.
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
· Proven experience in copywriting and/or creative writing.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (fluency preferred).
· Ability to distinguish between Slovakia and Slovenia, i.e. basic geopolitical acumen.
· Ability to exercise judgment on the quality and messaging of external content.
· Ability to work independently, multi-task, be persistent and work under tight deadlines.
· Experience in identifying complex problems and developing creative solutions.
· Willingness to learn and proven ability to stay up to date with the newest trends in digital and social media marketing.
· Ability to use graphic design and video editing software is a plus.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
· Manage the day-to-day handling of all social media channels such as Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram, adapting content to suit different channels.
· Build and manage social media profiles and presence while maintaining brand consistency across platforms.
· Co-design, co-develop, and manage communication campaigns that promote organization’s mission and the brand.
· Create engaging multimedia content (and/or outsource this effectively) across multiple platforms.
· Assure consistency, coordination, and alignment on messaging across 23 EDYN countries through working with EDYN Country Contact Members (CCMs) and EDYN Leadership Council Communications Committee.
· Lead day-to-day management edyn.eu (currently being developed). Lead content governance of edyn.eu while working proactively with CCMs to ensure that key marketing and programmatic content is consistently refreshed, updated and available.
· Ensure that EDYN’s digital platforms are seamlessly integrated into events, digital campaigns, publication launches, and other high-visibility initiatives.
· Drive internal communications in the network to foster member engagement and cooperation (standing meetings, newsletter, closed social media groups, EDYN virtual platform (TBD)).
· Research and evaluate the latest trends and techniques to find new and better ways do deliver our message in the digital world.
· Monitor, track, analyze and report on performance of social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics, FB Business Manager, etc.
We are looking for a new colleague with fluency in English to manage our digital and social media communication across 23 countries in Europe. We work for a cause, but we know that you need to pay the bills. :)