Office of the IOM International Organization for Migration in the Slovak Republic is seeking for a candidate for the position of Senior Media and Communications Assistant.
Under the overall guidance of the Head of Office (HoO) in Bratislava and the direct supervision of the National Labour Migration Programme and Private Sector Engagement Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for media and communication activities of IOM Slovakia, the IOM Migration Information Centre (MIC), under the Recovery and Resilience Plan of Slovakia (MIC RRP). Specifically, s/he will perform:
1. Provide specialized support for the development of the online presence of IOM Slovakia and its projects, especially MIC RRP through website, social media and digital messaging and develop digital and social media strategies to align with MIC RRP goals;
2. Produce original content about the activities of MIC RRP for MIC/IOM website and social media platforms including but not limited to shooting/editing photos and videos. Create content for event materials, programs, presentations, newsletters or podcasts. Create graphics and creative print;
3. Research, write and edit news stories, briefs, features, and press releases, on relevant topics;
4. Lead the MIC website management. Provide input on updates to improve efficiency and impact of the website. Pitch ideas and draft original text and narratives. Copy editing. Quality control and troubleshooting (or initiating service requests); Monitor and update MIC website, including insertion of updates, newsletters, social media posts/blogs;
5. Post and schedule content to MIC website and social media platforms, including but not limited to real-time updates and events;
6. Effectively manage social media accounts. Curate content to increase website/social media engagement and followers and prepare a posting strategy. Run social media ads/campaigns;
7. Monitor social platforms for relevant and timely opportunities to appropriately interact with project stakeholders;
8. Provide editorial and writing support for content output from MIC RRP;
9. Explore and suggest new ways to strengthen MIC/MIC RRP identity and engagement with key stakeholder audiences;
10. Collaborate with and serve as a regular contact point for service providers such as website designers, graphic designers, videographers, etc;
11. Support the planning and implementation of MIC RRP events such as webinars, trainings, meetings, conferences;
12. Promote, attend and cover MIC RRP events through web stories and social media;
13. Create and archive media recordings of events;
14. Organize outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances and other communication opportunities;
15. Assist in the preparation of periodic and final reports to the donor, including filing and preparation of supporting documentation;
16. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by Head of Office or the direct supervisor.
University degree in Communications, Marketing, Public relations, Information Management, Political or Social Sciences, or related field from an accredited academic institution, with at least four years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar roles;
Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with at least six years of relevant working experience, preferably in similar roles.
Experience in planning, writing, editing, and producing newsletters, press releases, social media content, short videos; reports, briefing memos, marketing collateral, and other print materials;
Experience with up-to-date/current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications;
Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Experience with skills with design, photo-editing and video-editing software, are a distinct advantage;
Experience in project management is an advantage;
Experience in working with migrants, migration management, and international migration issues is an advantage.
Excellent content writing skills;
Excellent data analysis, visualization and presentation skills;
Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with a team;
Ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task, with minimum supervision;
Creative mindset with strong attention to detail.
Driving licence B.
Fluency in English and Slovak (oral and written).
Knowledge of another foreign language is an advantage.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.