Our Technology & Society programme is examining the impact of disruptive technologies on the economy and society in Central Europe and beyond. It creates policy recommendations and strategies in the area of digital economy and innovation policy, both on national and EU level. By generating solutions for technology-driven challenges and engaging in public-private collaboration, the programme contributes to shaping the digital transformation of Europe. The programme focuses on innovation in CEE, digital infrastructure, impact of disruptive technology, big tech regulation, and data governance.
Job description, responsibilities and duties
· Designing strategies and objectives of development of the relevant policy area
· Developing and managing relevant projects and initiatives
· Conducting policy relevant research in the area of expertise
· Organizing projects and activities within the relevant programme in accordance with the mission of the organization
Effective coordination of projects and initiatives
Management and guidance of external fellows
Cooperation with other departments on the development of Strategic Forums
Organisation of events related to the area of expertise, in cooperation with other departments
Development and control of deadlines, budgets and activities
· Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved
· Coordinating and running events and workshops
· Convening of private and public roundtables to communicate the relevant research agenda and findings
Defining and adjusting research agenda that focuses on relevant policy issues
Writing and editing expert publications
Providing inputs into the agenda of Strategic Forums
Representing the programme in the media
Representing the programme at events (conferences, forums, roundtables, and other)
Delivering briefings in the field of expertise to relevant stakeholders (government representatives, business stakeholders, expert communities, and other)
Development of partnerships with key institutional and corporate partners
Ensuring that adequate funds are available to permit the programme’s activities to achieve strategic goals
Identification and realization of fundraising opportunities and coordination with the Strategic Partnerships Team
Writing and submission of project proposals for funding
Personality requirements and skills
A candidate is required to have at least 2 years of experience in academia, think-tank, or public sector
· Active participation and networking in the area of expertise (on personal and institutional level)
High level of research/analytical skills supported by sound results
· Able to manage multiple and complex tasks, and to work under pressure in a deadline-focused environment
Proven track record in writing and editing expert publications
Experience in speaking at international events and commenting for media
Experience with team and project management.
· Proficiency in written and spoken communication in English is required (C1 level)
· Able to work proactively and supportively within a team
· Residence in or relocation to Bratislava; remote work with travel to Bratislava can be negotiated
GLOBSEC is a global think-tank based in Bratislava committed to enhancing security, prosperity, and sustainability in Europe and throughout the world.
The international environment is becoming less predictable and more complex. Technological innovation is quickly disrupting the old frameworks of economies, societies and political order. GLOBSEC helps to provide a better understanding of global trends and their consequences for society, economy, security. We generate new ideas and drive change for a more stable, prosperous and sustainable world, by:
• Conducting world-class research and political insight into major threats and risks to our society.
• Driving change by engaging esteemed policy-makers and senior leaders from different sectors in our policy initiatives.
• Putting together leaders and stakeholders from multiple sectors at the right time in one place.
In an interconnected world, GLOBSEC stimulates public-private dialogue to shape agendas for the future. With global ambitions in mind, and building on its Central European legacy, GLOBSEC seeks to contribute to agendas which are critical for Europe. GLOBSEC acts in the spirit of European values and international cooperation.