GLOBSEC is a global NGO that has, in the recent decade, evolved into a leading platform for high-level economic policy dialogue. Such dialogue takes place annually at the Tatra Summit platform (https://tatrasummit.globsec.org/), which brings together global leaders from all walks of life – including top policy officials, government representatives, international organization leaders, central bankers, think-tankers, private sector leaders, disruptors, and activists – to discuss most pressing challenges and opportunities facing the global economy. Moreover, GLOBSEC is a part of the global effort in tackling the corona crisis, as emulated by international institutions and NGOs worldwide, and in that regard seeks to expand its analytical capabilities and become a part of the solution.
The Internship Programme
We are looking for a self-starting individual with a passion for global macroeconomic affairs. If you follow global economic developments closely and are passionate about finding compelling narratives in macroeconomic data, this opportunity might be for you. As a part of the GLOBSEC Policy Institute (GPI), you will work with GLOBSEC Bratislava and Brussels teams cutting through thematic silos of economics, digitalization, sustainability, capital markets, transatlantic relations, or resilient democracies. Your work will focus on analyzing economic developments and related policy responses in major markets, with an emphasis on tackling the corona crisis.
· Majors: economics, applied economics, econometrics, or another related discipline
· Advanced analytical skills (qualitative and quantitative); the ability to distil stories from data
· Advanced command of MS Excel and similar packages, strong data management skills
· Advanced research skills, publications record is a plus
· Excellent command of English and drafting skills
· Works independently and delivers results under time pressure
· The ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a cross-cultural team
· Flexible start date, internship expected to resume in November 2021
· Remote collaboration (no physical presence required)
· Flexible work hours
· Collaboration with a global NGO of international significance
· Your work will shape macroeconomic policy in the region of Central/Eastern Europe
· Possibility of future collaboration