Job description, responsibilities, and duties
• Assisting with administrative and operational duties in relation to the organization of GLOBSEC activities, flagship conferences, and GLOBSEC Policy Institute (GPI) initiatives
• Gathering and organizing logistical information for GLOBSEC conferences and online events as assigned
• Assisting with the day to day management of the defense and security programme as assigned, including coordination with internal and external actors, attending meetings with partners, taking notes, preparing reports and readouts
• Preparing materials for the defense and security programme, including background research, internal notes, conference agendas, invitations, list of invitees, stakeholder mapping, media monitoring, etc
• Attend various online events of thematic interest
• Contribute to/write reports, op-eds, articles on relevant subjects for external publishing
• Contribute to Dynamics in Central Europe and Beyond newsletter
• Possess a strong command of transatlantic security policies and global defense dynamics
• Possess a basic command of emerging disruptive technologies (EDTs)
Personality requirements and skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multitask and prioritize, work under tight deadlines and in an independent manner
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills
• Excellent editing skills
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in multicultural environments
• Ability to work irregular hours when needed
• knowledge of French and German language desired
GLOBSEC is a global think-tank based in Bratislava committed to enhancing security, prosperity, and sustainability in Europe and throughout the world.
The international environment is becoming less predictable and more complex. Technological innovation is quickly disrupting the old frameworks of economies, societies and political order. GLOBSEC helps to provide a better understanding of global trends and their consequences for society, economy, security. We generate new ideas and drive change for a more stable, prosperous and sustainable world, by:
• Conducting world-class research and political insight into major threats and risks to our society.
• Driving change by engaging esteemed policy-makers and senior leaders from different sectors in our policy initiatives.
• Putting together leaders and stakeholders from multiple sectors at the right time in one place.
In an interconnected world, GLOBSEC stimulates public-private dialogue to shape agendas for the future. With global ambitions in mind, and building on its Central European legacy, GLOBSEC seeks to contribute to agendas which are critical for Europe. GLOBSEC acts in the spirit of European values and international cooperation.